Re: [amibroker] Re: TJ: tick charts, historical data

Ralph,

> You're right. Sorry, I missed that bit. Which means we agree upon
> that.
> But even to create charts of bars of larger # of ticks, or to
> backtest on larger # of ticks, one would always need a *true* tick by
> tick database.
Yes, and you can easily have it using eSignal plugin and switching
to "TICK" base interval.

If this is selected you can define completely custom N-tick bars
with N definable in Tools->Preferences->Intraday.
They will be built on-the-fly from individual ticks fed by eSignal plugin.

This feature was included in AmiBroker since v4.02. This is nothing new.

You can also backtest/scan on N-tick bars.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com