Re: [amibroker] Re: SPY Confluence

<BLOCKQUOTE

----- Original Message -----
<DIV
>From:
<A title=jon.stankevicius@xxxx
href="">jons0045
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 1:20
AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: SPY
Confluence

Wavemechanic,I have spent some time looking at Gann. There is a
lot of interesting stuff. I feel that we should have at least have some
familiarity with the concepts as part of our overall learning.

You mention Gann, but what about
other techniques?  Personally, I do not restrict to Gann, but combine
Gann, Fibonacci, EW, and standard charting/inidicators.  I have not found
that any are stand alone techniques.However, a
problem I have found is this. With so many lines and circles on the page,
you are probably bound to get a 'hit' somewhere. And you can see all these
points looking backwards.

The chart was for illustrative
purposes so it is unusually "busy," and the strategy is not to cover
the chart with lines and pick one if it is hit.  If that is done,
it reflects a lack of understanding of the techniques.  For trading
purposes very few lines are used at the same time.  At least that isthe
way I use these techniques.The challenge is to
be able to use the technique looking forwards.

Looking forward
and defining low risk entry is exactly where these techniques
shine.On this point, some say they have
mastered the 'secret(s?) of Gann', but when it comes to the actual
practice, from most you hear little raising speculation that most cursory
methods just may not be useful to the extent hindsight seems to
indicate.

No technique is perfect.
But I have seen amazing projections by those that exclusively practice Gann,
Fibonacci, EW, and standard charting/indicator.  Personally, I thinkit
makes more sense to combine, and experience suggests better results.
Pick and choose.  There are many ways to skin a
cat.Just my
thoughts,
JonS------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor