RE: [amibroker] McClellan: a question

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] McClellan: a question
  • From: "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx>
  • Date: 27 Sep 2002 14:51:14 -0000

<SPAN
class=975564414-27092002>Ken,
<SPAN
class=975564414-27092002>
QP2
offers the info for the amex as a symbol but you could certainly build the data
as a composite using c>ref(c,-1) for advancers and the reverse for declines.
Scan your favorite watchlist to create your own index

Jayson

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
[mailto:closeks@xxxx]Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 6:44
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
McClellan: a questionThis is in the "Dumb Question"
category, which I serve up every couple ofweeks without even
trying.I have not tried but have wondered how Amibroker gets "Avdvancing
Issues"and "Declining Issues".  Some databases have these and somedo
not, and thesymbols vary, so I assumed that AB does some massive "count" of
the entiredatabase, or perhaps of some Index like the SP500.Howdoes
it do this??  <---- This is the dumb question part.Kind, gentle
help will be appreciated.Ken-----Original Message-----From:
gillesdeprez [mailto:gillesdeprez@xxxx]Sent: Friday, September 27,2002
1:56 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] McClellan:a
questionHere is what I read in IB about McClellan
Oscillator:/*McClellan OscillatorThe McClellan Oscillator,
developed by Sherman and Marian McClellan,is a market breadth indicatorthat
is based on the smootheddifferencebetween the number of advancing and
declining issueson the New York Stock Exchange.The McClellan Oscillator
is one of the most popular breadthindicators.Buy signals are typically
generated when the McClellan Oscillatorfalls intothe oversold area of
-70 to -100 and turns up.Sell signals are generated when the oscillator
rises intothe overbought area of +70 to +100 and then turns
down.Graph0 = EMA( AdvIssues()-DecIssues(), 19 ) - EMA(
AdvIssues()-DecIssues(), 39 );Now, somebody knows why the graph
limits are around -2 and +3, andnot -100/+100? The only formula I can find
about this indicator isalways the same- the one used in AB...I must have
missed something...Is there anoter
formula?Thanks!GillesPost AmiQuote-related messagesONLY
to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
group FAQ at:<A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A