Re: (beginner) setting up (ASX)

Hi William,

Yahoo data appears to be fully adjusted for splits....if its not I
haven't come across any unadjusted data as yet. Also have not found
any other errors either.

I still maintain a MS data base, probably because still under
contract with netquote until early next year. Am looking less and
less at the version of AB I run with MS Data. I view the MS database
as more of a backup. Netquote data only costs $110 per year with
downloads ready by 4:30 pm daily, so that cost is not much anyway.

Getting back to Yahoo Data...with this and AmiQuote (AQ) downloads
can also down load, main US Indices RT tick data,US historical data,
historical world indices plus the aussie stocks that trade ADR's in
US..good for a look first thing each morning. All no cost.

During the day Yahoo Data 20 mins delayed...but can still do scans of
the market.

It is well worth setting AQ up for Yahoo Data. David Holzgrefe has
posted a ASX ticker list (a TLS File...ticker list file) to the files
section of this board to enable downloads. Remember Yahoo tickers for
australia have the .AX extension....so NCP becomes NCP.AX etc.

regards

pacific

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "William Peters" <williampeters1@xxxx> wrote:
> One thing to look into with Yahoo free data is whether it's been
fully
> adjusted for splits, consolidations etc. If not then that can
represent a
> little bit of work for you.
>
> maybe Pacific know this..
>
> William