>From:
<A title=williampeters1@xxxx
href="">William Peters
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 2:22 AM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] (beginner)
setting up (ASX)
One thing to look into with Yahoo free data is whether it's
been fullyadjusted for splits, consolidations etc. If not then that can
represent alittle bit of work for you.maybe Pacific know
this..William-----Original Message-----From:
pacific5_au [mailto:pacific5_au@xxxx]Sent: Sunday 28 July 2002 8:10
PMTo: <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
Re: [amibroker] (beginner) setting up (ASX)Hi Kaveman,I
did this with the Metastock downloader > Tools > Convert works
well.Do you have the MS Downloader ?? Let me know if you need
it...myversion is stand alone from the MS program itself...which I
don'thave (or need).Ashley.....also consider using AmiQuote to get
data from Yahoo. It isvery useful...takes a bit of setting up, but well
worth the
effortimho....regardspacific----------------------------------------------------------------
In amibroker@xxxx..., kaveman <<A
href="">kavemanperth@xxxx...> wrote:> Ihave
just been using Bhodi for a short time to get metastockdownload> to
import to amibroker. Unfortunately the metastock database isonly
has> a few months data. I do have 20 years of data in my old
chartpackage,> and actually exported this as text files to import
to Amibroker.> Does anyone know how I can put that 20 years history
into metastock> format so that Amibroker can read the metastock
database directly?> Graham>> ----- Original Message
-----> From: "William Peters" <<A
href="">williampeters1@xxxx...>> Date:
Monday, July 29, 2002 11:35 am> Subject: RE: [amibroker] (beginner)
setting up (ASX)>> > Hello Ash> >> >
Ascii is not necessarily the way to go. Going with Ascii will> >
involve an> > addition step everynight, with the Metastock plugin
you will> > eliminate this> > step. According to the
articles on the Boudhi website you can put> > up to 2000>
> tickers in one folder which is more than enough for all
theAustralian> > equities, then you can make other folder for
options etc.> > According to this> > article your Boudhi
program will create an MS database so this> > will be the>
href="">http://www.justdata.com.au/TG_BFCD.htm#MS>
>> > The setup is a one off occurance then all you will haveto
do is> > run your> > Boudhi program each night to update
your Metastock database fromwhich> > Amibroker will read the
data directly.> >> >> >> >
Regards,> > William> >> > -----Original
Message-----> > From: grant wallace [mailto:gkwall@xxxx]>
href="">amibroker@xxxx...> > Subject: Re:
[amibroker] (beginner) setting up (ASX)> >> >>
>  Ash,> >      Ascii is the way to
go more versitile for if you get another> > programyou only need one
download> >  directory. The options you'll have to put in
Amibroker yourself> > , maybe> > into a watchlist then
name it> >  option or something. David Holzgrefe  is our
man for all things> > ASX very> > smart and clever
maybe> >  he can help you better.>

Grant> >  ashley simmonds wrote:> >>
>    hi, i'm sure this has been covered before, i'm fairly
new to> > it all> > though and just getting my head around
everything.  i've chosen> > AmiBroker as> > my tool
to learn charting (wisely i hope), i've got my 10 year> >
historicaldata and trialling Bodhi for current data. so i'm inthe>
> process of setting> > up my database and would appreciate any
existing tutorials/help> > files that> > may be
associated.  and i am also interested in setting it up for> >
optionsalso, however i can't find a great deal of help regarding> >
options and> > AmiBroker. for those who use Bodhi, is this a good
service which> > slots the> > data in easily with
AmiBroker?  i haven't played with it much as> > yet,
but> > i've tried downloading in MetaStock and Ascii format.
Asciiseems> > the way> > to go because it's all dumped
in one directory whereas with> > metastock i have> > to go
through and import each letter.  however the options datais>
> dumped in> > there as well and i don't quite get the naming
convention. so if> > there'spre-existing answers to these questions
please point me> > thataway.  if> > there's pitfalls
along the way that you can see i'm going to> > blindly
stumble> > upon then feel free to illuminate me. thanks ash>
subject to the Yahoo! Terms of> > Service.>