Re: Composites

Hi guys,

I just wanted to leave a friendly note. Originally we were under the
impression that Dimitris Tsokakis created the composite indicators
(and we gave him full credit), but Thomas has since informed us of
the earlier work he has performed in this area. After receiving this
information we've ammended the article to give him the deserved
credit for his creation.

Best wishes,

Dion Kurczek
Wealth-Lab, Inc.
http://www.wealth-lab.com

--- In amibroker@xxxx, Anthony Faragasso <ajf1111@xxxx> wrote:
> Tomasz,
>
> I agree with you , after having just read the article from the link
you posted, It is a sad day indeed.

> How about using the script that is suggested, (whew!!!) , to create
such an indicator / compositie, With
> Amibroker it is so simple:
>
> /* By Dimitris Tsokakis */
> /*MACD BULL-BEAR*/
> ob=Signal()<MACD();
> os=Signal()>=MACD();
> values5 = os>0;
> values6 = ob>0;
> AddToComposite(Values5,"~macdbear","V");
> AddToComposite(Values6,"~macdbull","V");
> Buy=0;
>
> Seven lines of code and it is completed, The script has what 100
lines ? My choice is Amibroker by far.

> Best Wishes
> Anthony
>

> Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just saw the following article on Wealth Lab site:
> > http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/getpage?
page=articles/DirectionOfMarket1.htm

> > The sad thing is that AmiBroker is NOT mentioned as original
source in that article.

> > The concept of indicator composites was originally published in
AmiBroker newsletter
> > http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/12-2001.html in June 2001 -
this is one year ago.
> > Later on AddToComposite() function was added that made creation
of composites easy and fast.

> > I don't mind "borrowing" ideas from other software but a credit
should be given to the original source.