Re: [amibroker] Re: A new Low-cost eSignal subscription available

Hi Tomasz,

> It was discussed several times already on this
list.> Current mode of AmiQuote works like nickhere described> it
is upto 200 times faster than historical download because> Yahoo allows
to download upto 200 symbols in one request in "Current" mode.> >
There is NO WAY to do the same with historical quotes> as Yahoo accepts
only ONE symbol per request in historical mode.
to speed up also the historic
data, I would suggest to add an option in
AQ
to write all data into ONE file. <FONT
face=Arial>Then importing this one file manually
in AB via
ImportASCII will be very fast; I have tested
this with AQH files by converting
them to a format which looked like this:

TICKER,YYYY/MM/DD,O,H,L,C,V

and put all data into one file, then imported via
ImportASCII directly into AB (ie. not
via AQ). Of course one
has to use an appropriate format file. Mine looks like this:

File: MyFormat.format
# Format definition file
# $FORMAT Ticker, Date_YMD, Open, High, Low, Close,
Volume, Skip$SKIPLINES 0$SEPARATOR ,$AUTOADD 1$DEBUG
1$BREAKONERR 0$CONT 1$MARKET 254
And, by "CurrentDay" I
think it is meant "Current (delayed) quotes". That is: using them
for  EOD would require that one gets them at least 20
min after market close. Is this right?
What is then the difference between "Current Day" and
"Intraday" in AQ? (sorry I'm a newbie in AB)