Re: [amibroker] AB under Linux

> That poster was describing AMIBroker running under the Wine emulator
> (www.winehq.com). Personally I have never been able to get Wine to work
> properly for anything other than the simplest DOS programs. Your milage
> may vary.

Yeah, that's what I'd always understood prior to those messages here.
As an absolute beginner with Linux--don't even have a machine running
with it at the moment--my results probably would be even worse.

> I sympathize with your Windows woes particularly if you are using Win98.
> Most of Microsoft's products are bricks wrapped in fancy marketing paper.

Of course, you know the joke about how if cars had gone the same way as
computers, a Rolls-Royce would cost $1, go 1000 miles per hour, get
1000 miles per gallon, and once a year it would explode, killing everyone
on board. I'm convinced that whoever told it first was thinking of Windows.

Owen