Composites Recalculation tool????

Problems with the "Composites Recalculation tool":

I presume that the composites must be calculated for the AD-line and TRIN
etc to be used as indicators. When I attempt to recalc for "all markets",
it max's the CPU for some indeterminate time, ran for over 10 min before I
had to kill the process. If I attempt to calc for NYSE, NASDAQ etc nothing
appears to happen.

I am using the latest version (running so I cannot check at the moment) with
QP2.

Can someone enlighten me as to why/what/how I should be doing this. I have
had little success searching the help files for info.

TIA,
Richard