TJ - Plug-in capabilities?

Hi TJ,

Hope you had a very nice vacation. Welcome
back!

My employer will pay for me to take classes, so I am thinking
about signing up for a class in object-oriented programming. I just have a
couple of questions regarding what types of testing it would be possible todo
in AB with scripts/plug-ins. What I would like to do is this:

On the 1st day of the backtest period, test all stocks in list
for my buy signals, evaluate the ones that pass and buy the one
that best meets my criteria. Later, when I get a sell signal, sell that stock
and buy a (probably) different one using the same test procedure as before.So,
for example, over a 2 year period, my test would consist of buying and selling
maybe 10 or 20 different stocks, using the same system. My questions
are:

1. Using a script or plug-in, would it be possible to do this
now in AB?

2. If not, any plans to add this capability in the
future?

3. If not possible now, could I instead write a
stand-alone .exe which would access the AB database directly via Object Model or
some other method and do this? In this case, I guess I would not actually
be using AB itself, just its database. The idea would be to do this type of
multi-stock testing and get the results by creating my own report.
Thank you very much for any help or advice!

Best Wishes,

Steve