Re: [amibroker] Turtle Trading System was QQQ Individual Analysis thread

See attached afl file. It does not contain the code for the last theoretical trade. And I haven't debugged it, so there might be errors. You might want to try optimizing the buy and sell days. You need to use Stephane's rembuy.dll plugin at the Amibroker files section of Yahoo. Your buy/short delay should be set to 0, and your sell/cover delay should be set to 1. Your initial equity should be set to 100,000. If you test this on a watchlist of lots of stocks, it won't do well. I'm still trying to find a way to filter theuniverse of stocks down to a reasonable number. Let me know how it works out for you. Maybe you can suggest a way of filtering.

AV
----- Original Message -----
From: greg
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 7:42 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Turtle Trading System was QQQ Individual Analysis thread

Hi,

I've tried to construct The Turtle System you talk about here. Could you check my afl and tell me if I've got it right. I'm not getting very good results and I am unable to get rid of multiple arrows. Here's what I have coded so far;

// Turtle Trading //

/*Yes, the time-proven Turtle breakout system. They go long when the Highest High of the last 55 days is exceeded (breakout) OR go Short when the Lowest Low of the last 55 days is exceeded. They exit the long position when the Lowest Low of the last 20 days is exceeded OR the Short position when the Highest High for the last 20 days is exceeded. That's it. No indicators,no moving averages, no stochastics, no oscillators, only the High AND Low.I don't know of any simpler system than that (although, there are other nuances, like NOT taking the Signal if the last theoretical trade was A winner). The thing about that system is that it makes logical sense. It's easy to understand AND picture in the mind. The idea is that if A security (stockOR commodity) breaks out of A trading range, there is likely to be A continuing momentum that will carry it into A long term trend. There are lots ofFalse signals, but when it is NOT False, the profits are really big. Lots of people who follow the Turtle system have made lots of money with it overthe years.*/

EnterLongs=H>=HHV(H,55);

exitLongs=L>=LLV(L,20);

EnterShorts=L<=LLV(L,20);

ExitShorts=H<=HHV(H,20);