Re: Updating an Ami ASX Database for the new S&P GICS Indices

Hi,

Yes I did mean flag as an Index. You also need to ensure that in
Stocks -> Categories you have all the industries set to their correct
base index. eg Materials base index is XMJ etc.

Re your question on top down analysis you'll need to restrict it to
the indices provided. In the case of the banks you can use XXJ which
is XFJ (Finance) less XPJ (Property Trusts).

To get to a lower level you'd need to create your own indices.

I'm running 3.9 Ami but I understand there are features in 4.0x that
support the creation of indices. I'll upgrade and see what can be
done.

Have a look at www.spglobal.com/gics_Australia_June2001.pdf for a
complete discussion of the indices.

Geoff

--- In amibroker@xxxx, grant wallace <gkwall@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Geoff,
> In step 8 did you mean ..flag as Index ??
> And with this CIGS how can you do TOP DOWN analysis,
> it was easy to see if Banks or something was up or down before
> by looking at the index first then going to industry and finding
> the culprid but how are we meant to do it now? .....Unless I'm
> being thick again .
>
> Geoff Mulhall wrote:
>
> > Hi, Attached are the files for updating Ami for GICS. Steps to
update
> > an Ami database are 1. Shutdown Ami if running and backup all Ami
> > files.2. Delete broker.workspace3. Replace broker.sectors and
> > broker.industries with the attached files4. Open Ami5. Save the
> > industries.csv file somewhere6. Open SetUpIndustries.js with
notepad
> > and change the name of the filename to match the name chosen in
step
> > 57. Go Start - Run - SetUpIndustries8. Ensure XEJ XMJ NNJ XDJ XHJ
XFJ
> > XIJ XTJ XUJ and XXJ are all flagged as industries within Ami9.
Save
> > the database Hope this is useful. Geoff

Service.