Re: [amibroker] Updating an Ami ASX Database for the new S&P GICS Indices

Thanks Geoff,
    In step 8 did you mean ..flag
as Index ??
And with this CIGS how can you do TOP DOWN analysis,
it was easy to see if Banks or something was
up or down before
by looking at the index first then going to industry
and finding
the culprid but how are we meant to do it now?
.....Unless I'm
being thick again .
Geoff Mulhall wrote:

Hi, Attached
are the files for updating Ami for GICS. Steps
to update an Ami database are 1.
Shutdown Ami if running and backup all Ami files.2.
Delete broker.workspace3.
Replace broker.sectors and broker.industries with the attached files4.
Open Ami5. Save the industries.csv
file somewhere6. Open SetUpIndustries.js
with notepad and change the name of the filename to match the name chosen
in step 57. Go Start - Run
- SetUpIndustries8. Ensure
XEJ XMJ NNJ XDJ XHJ XFJ XIJ XTJ XUJ and XXJ are all flagged as industries
within Ami9. Save the database Hope
this is useful. Geoff