Re: Subject: Dimitris , MSFT

Dimitris, thanks for your reply.

i feel as though i opened a can of worms with the posts that ensued
following your reply below and your post on QQQ , its apparent that
only you and i were aware of the relationship ? an interesting can of
worms non the less. ;-)

my question was, how would you code the formula for the narrow range
day following the possible double top. the double top was the form of
resistance in this case but it could have been a trend line or any
other form of resistance.

by no means was i implying to buy the double top but 2 sell
conditions [ sell = doubletop; and sell = H-L < 1.00 ;]??

for me at least, using the buy condition [buy = doubletop;] and the
sell condition [sell = H-L < 1.00;] returned a buy and a sell back to
back after running a scan.

Don

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Dimitris Tsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "dtsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
>

> > Ps : To avoid all this, I shorted on June 18 second peak. The
whole
> > H/L spread was less than 1$ and I did not like it...
>

> >percdiff = 5; /* peak detection threshold */
> >fwdcheck = 5; /* forward validity check */
> >mindistance = 10;
> >validdiff = percdiff/400;
> >PK= Peak( H, percdiff, 1 ) == High;
> >x = Cum( 1 );
> >XPK1 = ValueWhen( PK, x, 1 );
> >XPK2 = ValueWhen( PK, x, 2 );
> >peakdiff = ValueWhen( PK, H, 1 )/ValueWhen( PK, H, 2 );
> >doubletop = PK AND abs( peakdiff - 1 ) < validdiff AND (XPK1 -
> >XPK2)>mindistance
> >AND High > HHV( Ref( H, fwdcheck ), fwdcheck - 1 );
> >Buy = doubletop;
> >Sell = H-L < 1.00 ;
> >if condition 1 is "doubletop", and condition 2 is "H-L < 1.00".
> >for the AFL impaired, what is the AFL formula for the short.
> > tks Don
> >ps: MSFT / Sell = H-L < 1.00;, going back over 2 years.
interesting.

> Don,
> Although it was a local decision [that s why I wrote "I did not
like it..."], MSFT has this
> habit to shrink the spread when it is near the peak.
> To make this condition better [it is crazy to Buy =
doubletop; !!!!!, please don t do it ]
> run the exploration
>
> Filter=H-L<0.0085*(H+L);
> AddColumn(C,"");
> Sell=Filter;
>
> and double click on the results.
> The best Short is the last Sell, but we do not know it.
> I use to Short=Sell and re-Short +5% or +10% higher. [If I am
wrong, I will stop when +20% higher,