Re: [amibroker] Re: QQQ Individual Analysis

Dimitris,

>>When i give EXACTLY individual analysis,
you ask "why use it ONLY on the QQQ? ". It is strange, isnt
it?>>

In your very first post on this subject, it appeared, at least to me, you
were suggesting it for the QQQ. You made no mention of it being used for
anything else. So, naturally, I had the impression you had developed this system
for QQQ only.

>>[have you seen anything more simplethan
this ?]>>

Yes, the time-proven Turtle breakout system. They go long when the highest
high of the last 55 days is exceeded (breakout) or go short when the lowestlow
of the last 55 days is exceeded. They exit the long position when the lowest low
of the last 20 days is exceeded or the short position when the highest highfor
the last 20 days is exceeded. That's it. No indicators, no moving averages,no
stochastics, no oscillators, only the high and low. I don't know of any simpler
system than that (although, there are other nuances, like not taking the signal
if the last theoretical trade was a winner). The thing about that system is
that it makes logical sense. It's easy to understand and picture in the
mind. The idea is that if a security (stock or commodity) breaks out of a
trading range, there is likely to be a continuing momentum that will carry it
into a long term trend. There are lots of false signals, but when it is not
false, the profits are really big. Lots of people who follow the Turtle system
have made lots of money with it over the years.

When I read your code with no explanatory notes, I was puzzled as to the
meaning of the lines, and frankly I still am. The coefficiet 0.001 is likely
good only for the QQQ. True? I suppose it has to be different if a $200 stock is
being used, right? What's the fundamental basis of the 0.001? The H+L? The other
parameter coefficients? If the H/L spread shrinks at the peak in price, then
adding the high to the low value and multiplying it by a bigger number
compensates for when the H/L spread increases at the trough, where you multiply
the sum of the H and L by a lower number. You buy when the range is greaterthan
the product of H+L*0.001*43. It's all completely and totally empirical. Again,
as I said for the 0.001 coefficient, I suspect each stock would have to have its
own d1 and d2 parameter values, right? If that's true, it would be too
complicated, at least for my feeble mind, to keep track of all those different
parameter values.

>>Do you understand the same questionfor
the indicators you use ? Do you "see" the meaning of StochD()<30 for
example?>>

This may come as a surprise to you, Dimitris, but I try to avoid use of
indicators as much as possible, and most especially if I don't understand the
indicator. I like ADX as a trigger for the beginning of a trend. I can go into a
long explanation as to why, but that would be counterproductive on this board. I
use simple trailing stops. I don't use Stochastics, RSI, DEMA, TEMA, etc.,
etc. All I was saying was when you suggest and post a trading system on the
board, it would be nice to have a short explanatory dialogue for its use orin
support of its basis. That's all. You said Stoch()<30 is much more
complicated than a simple H/L relation. You are right. But, I didn't
understand the particular H/L relation you were proposing. Thanks for your
contribution.

AV

<BLOCKQUOTE