Re: Linux & AmiBroker

--- In amibroker@xxxx, Marek Chlopek <mchlopek@xxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 22 June 2002 04:05, msc626 wrote:
> > I have been running AmiBroker on Linux using KDE 3.0.1 and wine
> > version 20020411 from codeweavers.com. Haven't got it to recognize
> > the plugins, yet. Also, I can't download data using AmiQuote ( I
> > assume because I'm not using IE). Everything else seems to work
OK,
> > including my scripts in .afl.
> > Has anyone else had any experience with this setup?
>
> Dale,
>
> HURRRRAAAAA, I'm not longer alone here as an Amibroker via wine
user ;-))))

> I can not check right now but i think dll should work properly.
Maybe it
> would be needed to enable dll in winesetup. As you know config file
plays
> important role in wine. Therefore codeweavers is better than open
version
> (you know that second one developed by the public) because it looks
like it
> is easier to configure it.
>
> I have no idea about the AmiQuote as I don't use it. I'm sure it is
possible
> to create kind of Linux version of AmiQuote (shell script?). Linux
has a lot
> of "internet" toos e.g. wget. But Tomasz is needed here ...
>
> I would be welcome to exchange any hints re using Amibroker in
Linux (we
> could create HOWTO-Amibroker). Most of Amibroker users are
unfortunately m$
> fans (they think they are forced to do so) and do not want

to install Linux
> and sell short MSTF ;-)

Yes, why not...
Let StochD() to cross 70 descending, MACD() is ready to cross its
signal,
short term support is at 48.5-49 etc.
The difficult question will be in 2 or 3 days, when this support will
be tested.
Is MSFT fair value to oscillate from $48 to $55 or it will test the
early 2001 $42 level ?
If you have any idea [using Linux or not] please let me know.
Dimitris Tsokakis
Ps : To avoid all this, I shorted on June 18 second peak. The whole
H/L spread was less than 1$ and I did not like it...