Re: [amibroker] Linux & AmiBroker

On Saturday 22 June 2002 04:05, msc626 wrote:
> I have been running AmiBroker on Linux using KDE 3.0.1 and wine
> version 20020411 from codeweavers.com. Haven't got it to recognize
> the plugins, yet. Also, I can't download data using AmiQuote ( I
> assume because I'm not using IE). Everything else seems to work OK,
> including my scripts in .afl.
> Has anyone else had any experience with this setup?

Dale,

HURRRRAAAAA, I'm not longer alone here as an Amibroker via wine user ;-))))

I can not check right now but i think dll should work properly. Maybe it
would be needed to enable dll in winesetup. As you know config file plays
important role in wine. Therefore codeweavers is better than open version
(you know that second one developed by the public) because it looks like it
is easier to configure it.

I have no idea about the AmiQuote as I don't use it. I'm sure it is possible
to create kind of Linux version of AmiQuote (shell script?). Linux has a lot
of "internet" toos e.g. wget. But Tomasz is needed here ...

I would be welcome to exchange any hints re using Amibroker in Linux (we
could create HOWTO-Amibroker). Most of Amibroker users are unfortunately m$
fans (they think they are forced to do so) and do not want to install Linux
and sell short MSTF ;-) avoiding many of m$ product problems including
sharing computer by many persons and ... viruses ;-)

All the best,
--
Marek Chlopek
Email:   mchlopek@xxxx