Re: [amibroker] Speaking of Applause

Hi Ken,

At 11:24 PM 4/28/02 -0400, you wrote:

Hal
Brehe:

I do not think I have seen one single thanks
or congratulations for the amazing job you have done to index all of the
newsletter articles into the great html file.  I have it bookmarked
and have referred to it several times as well as having paged through
many of the topics.

I think this was a fantastic effort and I
thank you for it.
 I'm glad that you found some use for the information.
I hoped that it might be a MUST for every new AB owner. I know it helped
me, just to put it together.

I would like to
expand the usefulness of the tool by incorporating various email messages
and scripts I have been saving over the last many weeks. Can you suggest
the easiest way to do this (editing wise).
I would use the editor that I new the most about. It isn't that it's
difficult to do, it's just a lot of "grunt" work. Your Desktop
organization is most important, plus you must have a number of hours for
to do the copying and pasting.

 What html
editors will do the job?? Surely something like FrontPage or DreamWeaver
are more sophisticated than necessary.  I have DreamWeaver on the
shelf but not on the current computer.  Any advice on this
aspect??  I know only a little basic html programming, nothing
sophisticated.
I have no doubt that you would be more than capable of doing any job you
wish, the exact software you use contributes little to the job, but your
familiarity with your software of choice, means much. When dealing with
E-mails, there is the problem of sorting the chaff from the wheat.
I took up working with html after I retired.  In the mid 90's I
designed and constructed 5 or 6 web sites and continue to do a bit of
that from time to time. My only claim to fame is that I produced John
Ehlers initial web site, mesasoftware.com, in late '96. He has retained
the original structure but has done much with changing colors and adding
decorations.

Ken
For your information, I do not intend to stop at this point.
I will quit when all the AB information "loose ends", have been
organized.

Best Regards,

Hal Brehe

Yahoo! Terms of Service.