>From:
Dr. S.
Nathan Berger
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 10:07
PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] New User
question
Hi,Part of the problem is that there is no certain
time for Yahoo to update. While you can get final figures from the
financial section (like your portfolio) as early as 6PM (EST), the soonest
you could predictably download to AmiBroker is around 8 or 9PM. You will
note that there are some symbols for which quotes may be lagging for
several DAYS. On top of that, there are always substantial holes in the
data you get from them. But it is FREE...If you look through the
postings, you will see lively discussions about alternatives to Yahoo,
some free, some not. I personally stopped using Yahoo about 2 months ago
and switched to TC2000. It costs $14.95/month, but the data is available
each evening around 7:15PM (EST) and comes through without holes. It is
certainly worth the cost if for no other reason than to be rid of the
aggravation of dealing with
Yahoo.Nate>Quick question: what time does
Yahoo update their daily data for>download? (Please indicate eastern
mountain or pacific
time)>Thanks>>>>>>Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/Your