RE: [amibroker] batch testing?

Steve:  I do
a lot of repetitive optimizations and wanted to execute just 10 or so keystrokes
and mouseclicks, but like I said, AB crashed.  Someone said they triedthe
macro.exe program on AB and it worked ok so I will retest.
<SPAN
class=100402103-27042002>
I knowyou are
thinking of DOS batch file operations, but I do not think that is in the cards
for AB, at least not for awhile.  I would bet that this macro program could
do what you want, but it would take some effort to set up.  There is a
script section wherein you could record the keystrokes and mouseclicks to do
some of your file manipulations, saving, etc.  Then go into the script
editor and copy and paste and change file names and thus replicate thru allof
the different files you want to process without having to sit there and record
EVERY keystroke.  Of course, this is just speculation on my
part.
<SPAN
class=100402103-27042002>
Ken

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Dugas
[mailto:sjdugas@xxxx]Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 8:57
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
batch testing?
Hi Ken,

Thank you very much for your reply. If you dont mind me
asking, how were you planning to use this program with AB? I only ask because I
have never used one of these recorder programs, and I am not sure if it could do
what I had in mind. My idea was that, because the time I have to work
with AB is very limited (about 1 or 2 hours a night, a bit more on
weekends), it occured to me that I could really improve my productivity if
 I could write a script or plug-in that would set up a list of files
for AB to run and then call it to run them, and save each test to a file. It
would work similar to a job control language running a batch job. Thatway,
I could put my list together every night and run it when I go to bed - it could
run all night and all the next day, and all the results would be waiting for me
when I get home from work. But, I really dont know if it would even be possible
to do this. What do you think? Thanks again!

Steve
<BLOCKQUOTE