From: Mohan Yellayi [mailto:yellayi@x...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 4:13 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Brian Bell....ring a bell?

Found this on Equis web site. By the way , how does one translate MS
formula - OscP(4,8,S,$) into AFL?

Mohan

In his article “Normalization”, Brian Bell introduces some methods for
normalizing indicators. These methods can be easily created in MetaStock
6.52 or higher.

Select Indicator Builder from the Tools Menu, click New and enter the
formula for the desired method.

Name: Simple Moving Average Oscillator

OscP(4,8,S,$)

Name: Simple MA Osc norm to Std Dev

OscP(4,8,S,$)/Stdev(C,8)

Name: Simple MA Osc norm to Ave True Range

OscP(4,8,S,$)/ATR(8)

Name: Simple MA Osc norm to Historical Range

plot:=OscP(4,8,S,$);
(( plot - LLV(plot,200) / (HHV(plot,200)-LLV(plot,200))) * 100

Note: To apply these methods to different indicators replace the Simple
Moving Average Oscillator portion with the desired indicator’s formula.

Cheryl C. Abram, Equis International, Inc.

Internet: /