is this a valid system.

my second atempt of this post, as the first didnt make the
group.

hi can anyone post a reply as to wether this formula is valid.
I think i am having a prob understanding the valuewhen function,
because from checking it against the chart , it doesnt seem to do
what i was trying to write.
it seems to get some very good results so it probably is looking
ahead in the tests.
when running the explorer it will find stocks for the data on
the last bar, i thought if it looks ahead that it would not find an
exploration on the last bar as it would need to look past the last
bar to place a buy.

Just curious if it is a valid system as the results are O.K.
any simple explanation of this formula would help.

thanks: john.

nn=(Cross(MA(C,5),C)); /*sell */

x=Cross(C,MA(C,5)); /*buy */

q=IIf(ValueWhen(nn,C,1)<ValueWhen(x,C,0),1,0);
zz=IIf(q,Cross(C,MA(C,5)),0);
Buy=zz;
Filter=zz;
Sell=Cross(MA(C,5),C);