RE: [amibroker] Re: Declare variable for future use: It doesn't work.

What
about
Sell
= 1 ; tradeprofit = -1;
<FONT face=Verdana color=#800000
size=2>?

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mik954
[mailto:mik-u@xxxx]Sent: mardi 23 avril 2002
18:15To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Re: Declare variable for future use: It doesn't
work.Waz,You are right. I've tried it. It
doesn't work.Thanks,Mike--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Listes
trading" <listes.trading@xxxx> wrote:> May be you need to
initialise your variable before using it. Try:> Buy = Sell =
tradeProfit=0;> Buy = longEntry and ValueWhen(Sell, tradeProfit) <
0);> Sell = LongExit;> tradeProfit = ValueWhen(Sell, SellPrice)
- ValueWhen(Buy,  BuyPrice);> > Waz> >
-----Original Message-----> From: mik954 [mailto:mik-u@xxxx]>
Sent: mardi 23 avril 2002 15:51> To: amibroker@xxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Re: Declare variable for future use: Left/Right side
of> the formula> > >   Tomasz,>
>   Thank you for the links describing AFL arrays.>
>   But I still don't know how I can benefit from AMA/AMA2
functions to>   fix my problem.>
>   The problem is how to obtain a value from an array using
ValueWhen()>   function (on the right side of the
formula) before setting/defining>   this array on the
left side of the formala.> >   In Excel I don't need
to declare any rows/columns: they are all>   predefined.
Therefore I can use any new row/column on the left and>
right side of the formula at any time.> >   As I
understand in AFL I CANNOT use an array on the right side of
the>   formula before using it on the left side.. That's
my PROBLEM.> >   A simle fix would be using some kind
of declaration (var for example,>   like in VB/JS Script)
to allow using of array on the right side of>   the
formula.> >   Thanks,>   Mike>
amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
wrote:>   > Mike,>
>>   > There are numerous possibilities to reference
previous value of the>   indicator or any
array.>   > Please check out <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.net/boards/viewtopic.php?t=81>
for the details.>   >>   > Best
regards,>   > Tomasz Janeczko>   >
amibroker.com>   > ----- Original Message
----->   > From: "mik954"
<mik-u@xxxx>>   > To:
<amibroker@xxxx>>   > Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002
2:15 AM>   > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Declare variable for
future use: No way in>   AFL?>
>>   >>   > >
Tomasz,>   > >>   > > You mean
that I cannot use REF() function to get a previous>
element>   > > of an ARRAY mentioned later in the
code?>   > >>   > > So in AFL
there is no way to use a previous value of a variable>
to>   > > define its new value? What a disappointment.
Is there any>   workaround?>   >
>>   > > Thanks,>   > >
Mike>   > >>   >
>>   > > --- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
<amibroker@xxxx> wrote:>   > > >
Mike,>   > > >>   > > >
No, AFL operates on entire arrays and it uses only
single-pass>   to>   > > process
all bars.>   > > > So if you assign a value later in
your code it will have no>   effect>   >
> on any lines that appeared>   > > >
before.>   > > >>   > > >
Best regards,>   > > > Tomasz
Janeczko>   > > > amibroker.com>
From: "mik954" <mik-u@xxxx>>   > > > To:
<amibroker@xxxx>>   > > > Sent: Monday, April
22, 2002 6:13 PM>   > > > Subject: [amibroker]
Declare variable for future use (was TJ:>   > >
Actual trade profit vs. Theoretical)>   > >
>>   > > >>   > > >
> Hi, all!>   > > > >>  >
> > > Well, so far no any response on my initial post (even
on>   direct e->   > > > > mail
to support@xxxx). It's weird. Maybe my question wasn't>
different way. Is there any way in AFL to>   > >
declare>   > > > > variable/array and use its
previos value before setting>   current>
> > one?>   > > > >>
>>   > > > > // var tradeProfit; // declare
variable for future use>   > > >
>>   > > > > Buy = longEntry and
ValueWhen(Sell, tradeProfit) < 0;>   > > > >
Sell = LongExit;>   > > > >>
ValueWhen(Buy,>   > > BuyPrice);>
>>   > > > > Any suggestions are
welcome.>   > > > >>   >>
> > Thanks,>   > > > >
> >>   > >>   >
>>   > >>   >
>>   > >>   >
>>   > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
to>   <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
> >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
Yahoo! Terms of Service.Your use of Yahoo! Groups is