Re: Declare variable for future use: No way in AFL? Thanks!

Steve,

Thank you for detailed response. Unfortunatly, I don't know how AMA()
and AMA2() may help me to resolve reference to past value of array.
Also, it's impossible to find any real reference to word PREV in this
message board since all posts have Previous link :(

I will try to use VB/JS script to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxx, Steve Wiser <slwiserr@xxxx> wrote:

Mike

There are several methods to handle this issue. You may use VB or
Java scripting. There are several examples of the Ami Library. You
also have built-in AMA and AMA2 functions which allow you to do this.
Tomasz has addressed this issue multiple times in the past. Go to
the main web site of this message board and do a search on PREV
function to get the many questions/answers concerning this issue.
In some ways PREV is very wasteful in resources and very slow.
Actually it is just not a very smart approach to the programming
problem that PREV attempts to solve. But it is the Metastock way.

Steve