>From:
mik954
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 1:51
PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Declare variable
for future use: No way in AFL? Thanks!
Steve,Thank you for detailed response.
Unfortunatly, I don't know how AMA() and AMA2() may help me to resolve
reference to past value of array. Also, it's impossible to find any real
reference to word PREV in this message board since all posts have Previous
link :(I will try to use VB/JS script to solve the problem.
Thanks,Mike--- In amibroker@xxxx, Steve Wiser
<slwiserr@xxxx> wrote:> MikeThere are several methods
to handle this issue.  You may use VB or Java scripting.  There
are several examples of the Ami Library.  You also have built-inAMA
and AMA2 functions which allow you to do this. Tomasz has addressed this
issue multiple times in the past.  Go to the main web site of this
message board and do a search on PREV function to get the many
questions/answers concerning this issue.    In some ways
PREV is very wasteful in resources and very slow.   Actually it
is just not a very smart approach to the programming problem that PREV
attempts to solve.  But it is the Metastock way. Steve

href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<BLOCKQUOTE
><FONT
face="Courier New">---Outgoing mail is certified Virus
Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.350
/ Virus Database: 196 - Release Date:
4/17/2002