>From:
Yuki
Taga
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">Tomasz Janeczko
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 9:06
AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Importing
from MS
Hi Tomasz,Tuesday, October 23, 2001, 9:46:52 PM, you
wrote:TJ> I will consider adding the feature suggested by
you.Thank you very much.  And to answer tradeshark about *why*
I'd likethis, I'll explain.I do it all by hand.  There is no
service I know of in Japan thatsupports updating MS files, or AB
files.  And I've asked MS about it,too, and spent more time in search
of a service like this than I careto remember.So, I have a
universe of stocks that I update each day by hand.However, I don't
actively trade but a subset of this universe.  Thatsubset can change
composition, of course.Now, you might be interested to know that we
have a lunch break of 90minutes here in Tokyo.  During that time, I
update the subset, butnot the entire universe.  I also update the
subset 15 min prior tothe close.  After the close I update the entire
universe.  Been doingit this way for a long, long time.
(^_^)So, I'd like to import only the updated subset from MS at lunch
andprior to the close.  Then after the close import the entire
universeafter I've updated it.One solution would be to make a
separate folder in MS for the subset.However, if you then copy updated
data files into that folder (afterupdating the entire universe) you get
"Last Date" errors in MS.  Ifyou copy both the master and emaster in
there too, you don't have thelast date problem of course, but now youhave
an entire universeinstead of a subset.  If you don't copy anything
into the subsetfolder, you have simply added to your workload, needing to
updateboth the universe and the subset.  See the
problem?Again, it's not a huge deal, but if Tomasz can add the ability
tomake my life easier without making his too difficult, that would
begreat.Thanks all,YukiP.S. tradestation, what I
mean by running scripts is actually using.cmd (.bat in 9x) files to
execute copy commands.For example, putting something like this ina
.cmd file and thenexecuting it via a shortcut:copy
m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\cyclot~1\copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\plain\copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\japan\copy
m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\weekly\copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\williams\copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\weekly~1\copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\aofast~1\copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\test\copy
m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\72\------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Pinpoint the right
security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and
to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!<A
href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Your
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/