Re: [amibroker] Re: Testing Projects Question #2

Hi David,

DH> Yuki interesting that you should say that I was just looking
DH> thought my trading records been a small trader if it wasn't for
DH> the bigger wins my account would be negative

General rule of thumb is that about 80 percent of your profits come
from about 20 percent of your trades -- the big winners. I don't
know anyone who survives without them. Don't know of anyone who ever
has. Probably an exception to every rule, though.

DH> After 30 years you would has seen and tried many methods Would
DH> you like to share you favorite methods indicator with the group ?

DH> It would appear that what works for one person may not work for
DH> the next ..but its nice to hear other options and methods

I wish I could tell you what works for me in words. But it's very
difficult. I'm always trying to figure it out myself, because I put
extraordinary time into this, time I'd really like to devote to other
things. So I'm always searching for the elusive system that can
outperform me. Never found it.

What does work for me is money management. I buy with an
expectation, both in terms of price and time. If I'm let down, I get
out, and fast. I tend to put on positions about 3 times the size
that I intend to hold if I should end up having a medium or long term
winner. I am quick to take profits on the rest. I almost *never*
trade an entire position in or out at one time. That's why I'm
following this 'money management' and 'back testing' capability
thread rather closely. I would love to see a back testing capability
that actually allows me to test the way I trade in real life.

Best,

Yuki

mailto:yukitaga@x...