Re: [amibroker] Re:New indicator

Hi,

>Because, whithout data for tomorrow, the program gives
for
>ref(close,1) the available today´s price.
>(In my opinion, it should indicate an {empty} value,
because
>ref(close,+1) exists for all previous days except the last
one)
>I do not know how it is designed, I know how it
works.]

Yes it gives today's price for the last bar as we don'tknow
the future yet :-)
The reason why it doesn't return {empty} is that some of the
other
functions may be confused if they see {empty} at the end of
the array
(normally {empty} values appear only at the beginning and all
AFL functions
are aware of this fact)

Also: I agree with Dimitris that writing trading systems using
Ref with positive
offsets (looking into the future) would give results that
could not be
reproduced in real life. (unless you have time-machine
:-)))

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com