Re: [amibroker] ticker length solutions

From: "Don Edwards" <dre@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, 29 July 2001 8:06 PM
Subject: [amibroker] ticker length solutions
> The problem I see with using the new script to delete tickers is that the
> next time you import, they will appear again. If set import to not add new
> stocks, then you will not get any new 3 character ones either. Thus you
will
> need to run the script every time you import.

Hello Don

The script Tomasz sent us was very useful but there is the problem you site.
I've made three Excel (97) macros - they are not pretty but they do the job
:-) - I get my data from InvestorWeb because it includes the Sector Indices
(hooyana does not, which is a pity since it is much easier to log-in to. The
first macro reads in the data file, the second macro converts CMLC to CM2
and CMLDA to CML (if this is not 'your solution' to the CM stuff-up you
don't run this macro of course !). The third macro overcomes the problem you
mentioned. It gets rid of the 1500+ options+ tickers BEFORE they get into
the Ami database (thus, if you don't run the second macro the third macro
will delete your CM tickers - I wish I could run my macro over the BoDs
;-) ) .

Using Tomasz's script (and some help from Geof and David some time ago) and
my macros I have finally got a database that is
useful to me (although my indices files have a 'gap' in them! ) - if you are
able to dump a few macros into a module and deal with a bit of file name
changing in Windows Explorer, or whatever, you are welcome to try them.

Now that I have a reasonable database I look forward to trying a few of
those AFL programs you very smart programmers have put up here - thank
you.

fred browne