Re: [amibroker] Backtesting reports

Hello Bill,

What I wrote was my personal opinion, nothing
more.

I had a chance to hear the opinions about
AmiBroker from different people
and what I learned is that there is a very wide
spectrum of different views
and preferences among T/A people. AmiBroker is not
all about backtesting
(while WL seems to be). AmiBroker tries to
satisfy these needs
as much as possible. Unfortunatelly different
needs are sometimes contrary
to each other.
This applies especially to the programing
language.
One may say he would prefer a simpler language
another one likes sophisticated
and very complicated tool. I like to codein C++
others like Basic, Pascal and do on.
I have my reasons, you can have
yours.

That's why I am providing in fact 3 alternatives:
you may code your formula in
"pure" AFL, you can use JScript or you can use
VBScript. You can also mix
the languages in a single formula.

The AFL itself will be improved further so you
will be amazed someday :-)

To the details:
1. Yes,
BuyAtStop and all trade control functions are
nice, because
it is clearer to say BuyAtStop than doing
buyprice, buy stuff together the right way.

2. GetDate, CumUp - I don't see WL advantage here

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>
3. I don't find
any advantage of DrawLine and SetBar color since completely the
same
could be done in AFL using graphX, graphXstyle,
graphXbarcolor. All the difference
is that in WL you call a function while in AFL you
assign a variable. I can add a function
that is called DrawLine and will internally assign
the variables so there is no real difference,
... maybe except AFL can draw true Gann Swing
charts (see AFL library)
while WL doesn't have square line style
chart.

A bottom line:
Trade control in WL is better and nicer and I am
willing to improve this functionality in AFL,
I like also the statistics in WL. I thinkthat
there are lots of nice ideas in WL to get an inspiration from.
And I really appreciate that you pointed out the
things you like in WL - I learned something
again.

All I dislike is a modal, Borland-looking(ugly
icons on every button), bold-font everywhere user-interface.
This is however my personal opinion basedon my
personal taste.

Best regards,Tomasz Janeczko===============AmiBroker - the
comprehensive share manager.<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com