From: "Tomasz Janeczko" amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tomasz Janeczko amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
24/07/2001 08:49:19
Subject: [amibroker] Backtesting reports

> Dear Bernard,

Thank you for your opinion.
I have downloaded a trial version of WealthLab desktop and had a look at it.
Frankly speaking I don't like its user interface - but this is my private opinion.
What I like are extensive back-testing statistics. These I would like to see
in AmiBroker.
As for the WealthScript I find it quite complicated. You have to have at least
3-4 times more code than in AFL to do the same thing.
Also - I tried to check very basic MA crossover system and wanted to simulate
trading using 100% capital and WealthLab displayed very strange equity curve
(with negative cash amounts). What's more WealthScript seems to be very slow.

As for optimization: yes I will include optimization in 3.7, this will include
multiple-security optimization.
By the way: it seems that you can only optimize for one stock in WealthLab, is it true?

Anyway, some ideas are worth implementing.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com