Deleting Option tickers from the data base

> > Q2] My ascii files contain hundreds of six-letter tickers denoting
> > stock options. How do I prevent them from entering the data base at
> > all ?

> Currently there is no easy way to prevent them from being imported
> IF they are all in single ASCII file.
> You can create a scan like this:
> buy = name()==6;
> and move the results to a separate group so you can omit these
> tickers during back-testing.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko

Hello Tomasz

I'll pre-process the daily data file to eliminate all tickers of length > 3
(after renaming CMLC to CM2 and renaming CMLDA to CM1). That will fix 'the
problem' for future data .
(we're talking about a thousand+ bits of rubbish (Options & Warrants
tickers) whose numbers grow 'daily' unless I stop it from doing so !)

Using your scan idea (as corrected :-) ) how do you
Q1] MOVE the results from the scan list into a Group (say Group 200, rather
than a Watch List) in 'one operation' ? and then
Q2] DELETE from the database all the stocks in that Group in 'one operation'
?
- given the disk space these unwanted files take up it is better to delete
them rather than just omit them when back-testing.

Best Regards

Fred Browne