Re: How to use AmiQuote 1.2

Hi,

The key is that "C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AmiQuote\Quote.EXE" must
be put in the command field and "/autoupdate" must be put in the
arguements field.

Placing the command + arguement "C:\Program
Files\AmiBroker\AmiQuote\Quote.EXE /autoupdate"
in command field will not work.

Thanks,
Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Hi Tomasz:
> >
> > Nice improvements!
> Thank you.
>

> > > Note that AmiQuote currently supports a new command line
> > > parameter: /autoupdate. This option forces AmiQuote to perform
> > > automatic update procedure without user intervention.
> > > You may setup you custom tools menu in AmiBroker to call
AmiQuote

http://www.amibroker.com/docs/ab304.html .
> > Everything written in this document remains valid with one
exception -
> > now importing to AmiBroker are performed automatically if you
have
> > Automatic import checkbox marked.
> > >
> > > There are also several cases when you prefer to do things
> > manualy, then please don't forget about some useful tools
available
> > at your fingertips:
> > >
> > > File->Open, File->Save, File->Save As
> > >
> > > These functions enable you to load and save your edited
ticker
> > lists for future repeated use.
> > >
> > > Edit->Add tickers
> > >
> > > This function allows you to add the tickers to the list.
Just
> > type space separated tickers into the field that will show up
when
> > you choose this function.
> > >
> > > Edit->Delete tickers
> > >
> > > This function allows you to delete tickers from the list.
Just
> > select the items you want to delete from the list view (multiple
> > selection possible by holding SHIFT or CTRL key while clicking on
> > items), and choose this function.
> > >
> > > Edit->Mark all, Edit->Unmark all, Edit->Toggle, Edit->Mark
> > selection, Edit->Unmark selection
> > >
> > > These functions allow you to mark the tickers for download.
> > Please note that AmiQuote puts a checkmark before ticker name in
the
> > list view. ONLY MARKED items will be downloaded. This allows you
> > perform selective downloads/updates.
> > >
> > > View->Refresh
> > >
> > > Basically AmiQuote handles refreshes by itself when needed.
For
> > example if you changed the date range, the list will be refreshed
> > before starting download. But there are some cases when you may
want
> > to refresh the list by yourself. For example if you downloaded
and
> > imported quotes once and want to do this again you would need to
> > choose this function. The Refresh function simply applies all
date
> > and type settings to the URLs listed, and MARKS all tickers for a
new
> > download.
> > >
> > > Tools->Import into AmiBroker
> > >
> > > This function is useful if you want to import just
downloaded
> > quotes into AmiBroker but you have Automatic import checkbox
cleared.

> > > Tools->Get tickers from AmiBroker
> > >
> > > This function retrieves all stocks from currently loaded
> > AmiBroker database and fills the AmiQuote ticker list with them.
> > >
> > > Tools->Get last update date
> > >
> > > This function retrieves the date of the most recent
quotation