Re: [amibroker] Re: How to use AmiQuote 1.2

Hello,

> Hi Tomasz:
>
> Nice improvements!
Thank you.

> > Note that AmiQuote currently supports a new command line
> > parameter: /autoupdate. This option forces AmiQuote to perform
> > automatic update procedure without user intervention.
> > You may setup you custom tools menu in AmiBroker to call AmiQuote
> > with this argument:
> >
> > C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AmiQuote\Quote.EXE /autoupdate
> >
> > If you do so, you will be able to update your US database with a
> > single click.
>
> I'm unable to get this one to work...nothing happens. Do I have to
> have amiquote running? Do you post any messages when complete?
No. You should go to Tools->Customize in AmiBroker. Click on "New" button.
Enter "Download quotes" as a tool name. Click on the "..." button right
to the "Command" field and browse to Quote.EXE location.
Enter "/autoupdate" in Arguments field and click "Close"

> Also, it appears you use the last date from the 1st ticker in the
> database for the starting date of ALL tickers in the database? A
> more robust solution (although slower) would be to fetch the last
> date from the database for each ticker individually.
Yes, that's true but for large database it is time consuming to
check last dates individually, and.... you can always select
the date range by hand if you want to fix previous quotes.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com