Re: cross error msg

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This will not work because there is no "If-EndIf" construct in AFL
> (it is available in scripting however).
>
> The thing that IS available is the Immediate-IF function. And you
> can get desired effect using:
>
> Xup = IIF( cross( pdi(), mdi() ), 1, 0 );
>
> EptLo = IIF( cross( pdi(), mdi() ), Low, 0 );

Tomasz, yes I tried those IIF functions....they ran so slowly that I
had to throw them out if favor of something else...unfortunately
there does not appear to be anything else...the IF ENDIF construct
for example.
And I am not about to learn VBA or Java script or what ever just so I
can write a simple script.

My backtest run time jumped from 5 sec to 30 sec as soon as I used
IIF.

Trader