Re: [amibroker] Suggestion

Tomasz

Your clarifications are clear to what is useful and what is not with the
VBscript now. I was just not understanding it myself before. The input
for myself is not a priority.

Thanks

At 08:05 AM 5/23/01 +0200, you wrote:
Dear Steve,

When I wrote "remember that VBScript is NOT VB (Visual Basic)" I meant that
VBScript can not be used to create stand-alone application with a separate
user interface and so on. Also there is no support for strict typization
as Microsoft says:
"[...]VBScript is a strict subset of the Visual Basic for Applications
language that is used in popular applications such as
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, and the Visual Basic
4.0 development system. VBScript was designed to be fast,
so it does not support the use of strict types-it only supports the use of
Variants.[...]"

As to your e-mail:

1. The only things that don't work in AFL scripting host are: InputBox,
MsgBox in VBScript
and alert() in JScript. All other things mentioned in MS docs work.
Later on I will provide the way to ask for user input from AFL.

2. Yes, I do understand you snipplets concept and will consider it.

3. I am not saying that I can not do this or won't do this I am just saying
that in current version this is not functioning. I think that these input
boxes
would be nice, not only from the script side but also from AFL side.

Please excuse me if I was not clear enough or the documentation was confusing.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko