Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL Mystery - 4th

Hi Tomasz,
thank you once more for your participation.
You wrote:

> Simply re-assign the value to the buyprice variable
> AFTER using exrem.
>
> ... your formula here buyprice gets assigned once ...
>
> buy = exrem(buy, sell);
> sell = exrem(sell, buy);
>
> // now buy value is evaluated once again to
> // change only when filtered buy occurs
> buyprice = valuewhen( buy, buyprice, 1

this seems to confirm that what I want to achieve
can't be done in afl. My 'sell' criteria includes the
buyprice whereas the preceding buy=exrem(buy, sell)
obviously uses the sell criteria 'buyprice' . . .

Never mind - meanwhile I was pleased to read
that this particular issue seems to be resolved with

short, cover, buyprice, sellprice, shortprice, coverprice
in version 3.59 .

AmiBroker is an outstanding product and I believe
the way you support its evolvement and its users is
OUTSTANDING!!!

Thank You.
Regards Ralf