Groups and ASX

Tomasz, I'm not clear about "Groups" in stocks-->categories-->groups,
despite having read the "Help" files, Newsletters and trawled through
these posts. Plenty of references but I've yet to achieve "YES!
THAT'S IT!"

"Markets" is clear enough. The Australian Stock Market, ASX.

"Sectors" is also clear. In Australia we have, for instance,
the "Gold" Sector made up the Gold producers, Gold explorers, Gold
investors etc. The "Media" sector made up of Publishers, Radio
broadcasters, Television broadcasters etc.

"Industries" are those industries within the Sectors. As above, Gold
producers, Gold explorers, Gold investors etc are all "Industries".

I am not aware, in the ASX, of an official breakdown of any of the
above into "Groups". Is it an Ami phenomenon, something to do with
NYSE or am I missing the bleedin' obvious?

My question is what, specifically, should be in the "Groups"
assignments and what Base Index for Relative Strength should I assign
to each group?

Lots of AFL's require this to be correct so I would like to get it
right. I'm particularly interested in Geoff and David's
interpretation of Chris Tate's method. (Geoff, I'll reply to your
answer to my query serapately. Been on hols)

I have, in AmiBroker, been making "Groups" identification names and
numbers the same as "Sectors" identification names and numbers. For
instance, I've made Group 1 to be "Gold" and Sector 1 I've also
made "Gold". Is this the way to go?

A second question. In light of the rapid responses you make to
queries, the constant stream of updates to Ami and maintaining a
particularly user-friendly website, do you ever get any sleep......?

Many thanks from Downunder.

Max Andersen
Orange NSW
Australia