Re: bow tie

oops a fix to part of the formula was ref forward days (crystal
balling)

/*bow tie from Dave Landry

12.05.2001*/

buymov = close >ma(close,10) And
close > ma(close,20) and
close > ma(close,30) ;
setup = low< Ref(low,-1);
buysignal = high> ref(high,-1);

Buy = setup and buysignal and buymov ;
sell = c<ma(close,20);

Now how do i get it to check the next part:
if setup occours then look of buysignal on following days not the
same day ??

David

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "David" <dtholz@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi TJ and others,
>
> I was trying to write a afl form an idea posted on another forum
> here is the start of the ami formula but I seem to be having
trouble
> with the final stage of it ...
> below is a describtion of how it should perform
> i may need a few iif's to complete the code ..
>
> Idea's welcome
>
> Regards David
>
> /*bow tie from Dave Landry
>
> 12.05.2001*/
>
> buymov = close >ma(close,10) And
> close > ma(close,20) and
> close > ma(close,30) ; // close above mov's
> setup = low< Ref(low,1)-1; //correction from breakout
> buysignal = high> ref(high,1)-1;//Then we buy the next
higher
> high than the day before
>
> Buy = buymov and setup and buysignal;
> sell = c<ma(close,20);

> The Bow Tie is used to catch a change in trend from down to up; the
> trend is defined from using three moving averages.
>
> 10-day simple moving average
>
> 20-Day exponential moving average
>
> 30-Day exponential moving average
>
> The proper order for a down trend is; 30-Day ema > 20-Day ema > 10-
> Day sma
>
> The proper order for an up trend is; 10-Day sma > 20-Day ema > 30-
Day