Re: [amibroker] Sharing #2

Dear Nate,

Thanks much for your warm and responsive letter. I appreciate very much
your approach to investing and your desires to share.

 I can only say that had; Galileo, Hypocrites, Newton,
Pasteur,  Bollinger, or Pring,  Elder, Larry Williams, or
George Lane as well as the institutions of learning mentioned, had NOT
been supported by their King, Pope, College, Taxes and or their sales of
their investment services to clients. published books and present private
clients as well as their currently available newsletters (from the living
only), I'd tend to say that they all had a pretty rough time of it.
I would guess that all of the "un-croaked" experts mentioned
have pretty much given up their investments and are now reaping the
benefits of being the EXPERTS. However such is NOT the case with us. I
believe most of us are supported by our work endeavors, and we work on
our investment hobby in the spare time allotted to us by our wives,
famlies and others in our lives.

I can say that helping others to buy the books we found valuable, and
converting their "systems" into our language is all great and
straight forward. Doing this is mentoring, being nice as well as helpful
to others who might be a bit earlier in their investing career is the
primary reason we are here at all. Answering questions is also included
with the aformentioned items, and I don't have a problem with that. I
don't have a problem with converting to AFL useful the indicators,
indicator and helps from other language systems, including but not
limited to MetaStock and Omega Trade Station. These have all been
published before in S&C magazine. The trick is getting a program to
put together the right elements to help each one of us develop system of
making a profit from an unstable batch of constantly churning tickers.
Each of us has to develop whatever works for us in a manner that is
comfortable and we can live with. We all want to be happy, love our wives
and not disturb the kids too much and improve our income. I tend to like
simple things, and the following URL along with the ones previously given
provide the outline for ANYONE to get exposed to this investing racket
quickly and completely. These are NOT meant to be HOW TO recommendations,
only providing direction and information from which anyone can make
choices. How good these choices might be depends upon the user and how he
puts together his investing technique. The last URL in this series is
<www.mutualfundmagic.com>
where the book "If It Doesn't go up, DON'T BUY IT!" is worth
every penny of the $29.95 asked. This IS experience talking, and IS the
truth. It can be implemented without a computer and without a large
amount of funds.... and  what's even better IT WORKS.  Again, I
state that it is simple and easy to follow. You have the freedom of
implementing it in any way you desire. I chose to implement part of it,
along with parts and pieces developed through other exposure, and now
resides as an AFL in AmiBroker. It is GOOD, it makes MONEY, and you don't
need but a few grand to begin.

I guess I've about said it all -- at least for now. I believe that
helping others to put together THEIR investing technique is more MY
desire. I will give until it hurts, but the HUNTER needs to have an
investment in the PRIZE. Be it a mounted deer head, or a winning
investment technique, it should belong to the one who put it together,
otherwise its value is diminished. We all know that children really don't
appreciate what their parents provided  them -- until they have to
DO IT THEMSELVES.

I am anxious to see this new list begin, and I WILL contribute --- but
not my entire method, not that it's that great -- it's just that it is
mine. Parts and pieces are fair game -- and if others can put something
together that works for them, then THEY own it, and can have some measure
of satisfaction of creating a method that works for them.

Best Regards,

Hal