% movement of indicator

Hi TJ and others
Is the a way to measure the % movement in a
direction by an indicator ?

eg the adx has moved up 10 % over the pastxn
days

I guess using something like adx(14) >
ref(adx(14)-3);
would tell the adx today is higher that the adx of
4 days ago
but if it spiked in the middle it would still give
the same signal

maybe I need to sum the adx over 4 days then / 4 to
get the average then check if today is greater than average ?

I thought I saw it in a formula some wherebut
can't find it now ..!

Hmm what I want is to tell if a indicator has
trended up for a few days ?
I'm sure the answer is right under my nose
:))

Thanks David