Re: [amibroker] Comparing REBOL @ getting Yahoo! quotes

Hi Donald and All,

> > > Without boring you with the math that I used to do a comparison using
> > > different equipment, in 8Min, I figured that REBOL would get well over
> 12100
> > > quotes (and more than likely > 13000) in the same time as Tomasz gets
> ~5000
> > > (everything else being equal, of course). Interesting...
>
> > Yes, but you forgot that I am connecting from Poland, and had 30-50% packet
> > loss and 1500ms ping time. So the results could not be compared in any way.
>
> Although I didn't mention location directly (I couldn't test that), that's why
> I added the "everything else being equal" caveat. I figured that, since you
> had changed your Polish ISPs that things would have improved at least
> somewhat. 30-50% loss is still high.

It is really not the matter of ISP but international connections that are highly
overloaded. This packet loss figure comes from the fact that wires have limited
capacity and traffic is to high so routers simply reject some of the TCP packets
to fit into limited bandwidth.

Also my figures included not only downloading but the whole script execution time
which consist of :
1. Retrieving ticker list from AmiBroker database
2. Repeated download and import of the files
3. Repeated refreshes (charts and ticker tree are updated constantly)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com