Re: [amibroker] Comparing REBOL @ getting Yahoo! quotes

Hi, Tomasz:

On 05-Mar-01, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

> > Without boring you with the math that I used to do a comparison using
> > different equipment, in 8Min, I figured that REBOL would get well over
12100
> > quotes (and more than likely > 13000) in the same time as Tomasz gets
~5000
> > (everything else being equal, of course). Interesting...

> Yes, but you forgot that I am connecting from Poland, and had 30-50% packet
> loss and 1500ms ping time. So the results could not be compared in any way.

Although I didn't mention location directly (I couldn't test that), that's why
I added the "everything else being equal" caveat. I figured that, since you
had changed your Polish ISPs that things would have improved at least
somewhat. 30-50% loss is still high.

> (Remember old times when you were trying for a week to download 500K from
> Poland?

Hard to forget. ;^)

--

The World of AmiBroker Support