Re: [amibroker] Comparing REBOL @ getting Yahoo! quotes

Hi, Tomasz:

On 05-Mar-01, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

> Also my figures included not only downloading but the whole script execution
> time

Yes, I worked that into my comparison, beginning to end.

> which consist of :
> 1. Retrieving ticker list from AmiBroker database

I get the ticker list from the data file list. (takes a couple of secs on a
PC?) The only problem with doing this is configuring the path - it only needs
to be set once, though.

> 2. Repeated download and import of the files

I built the file, saved it, then imported it once, but the time difference
would be minor.

> 3. Repeated refreshes (charts and ticker tree are updated constantly)

As you know, even an accellerated Amiga would need plenty of time (forever?)
to do this with so many tickers. That's why I chose to use the file list
names, since the list could change arbitrarily (AmiBroker isn't polled) and is
always up-to-date with the last save. Now there's an idea - make a variable
that holds all current tickers in it!

Using your ASCII import system helped greatly with speed, too.

Some of these style differences should make notable time differences.
Obviously, both ways get the job done, but could some changes significantly
help with your speed?

--

The World of AmiBroker Support