From: <dorothy.bradbury@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2001 1:16 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Ideas & a few questions - thanks

> *Many* thanks to all, especially Thomasz & Tom for assistance.
> Sorry for not getting back sooner, AmiBrokering for 19hrs solid.
>
> Found the programming language & syntax bit:
> I hadn't clicked on the "+" for the purple-icon'd "AmiBroker
> Formula Language" thinking the text below was the expansion.
> Shouldn't try to test new s/w at 4am ;-)
lol yep its a problem at 4.00 am found that our my self :))))))

> Re indicator arguments:
> - Simplest may be "expand out" vs default expression arguments.
Not sure what the Q. is
but most can be changed eg
just change the field values ma(close, 3) to whatever you want
ma(close,50)

> Other ideas:
> 1 Pointer line - colour option (eg, black vs ?XOR?)

You can find colours under the tools then preferences box

> 2 Datek Streamer as a feed option?
> --- Funded-Datek-Accounts get real-time feed for free.
> --- QuoteTracker uses their feed but PURE charting.
> --- TC2000 delayed 20$/month, realtime 50$/month PURE charting
> --- TradeStation etc 300$/month, realtime/charting/backtesting
> Gee, 300$/month is such a bargain. At 10%/yr return & 20yrs
> use that's cost your Portfolio 484,379$US. That's just 10%/yr.
>
> Q: Can you have Price+Indicators print on the same page?
Its on tomasz list I think, I too have asked for it .
I get around it now by using a screen capture program to 1st capture the
whole screen crop out the menu bars etc ..then print only takes a min ..
but I like to have print out of my open positions and the indicators just to
remind me why I place the order ?:))

> Q: How do I copy stocks to Favourites?
Click on the information icon on the menu bar and check the fav box

> "Problem":
> o I have 3 sub-indicators which derive trend, and thus
> cause repeated daily Buy/Sell arrows - very pretty ;-)
hmm agree maybe a check box to show only open positions would be handy but
we asked for the indicator arrows in the auto analyser :)

> Q: Does Back-Tester use the 1st-Buy/1st-Sell & ignore the rest?
form what I can maker out yes., I often cross check the dates with the
chart.. maybe this could display as per previous question on show arrows for
those trade dates...