Re: [RT] A Hurst Centered Moving Average Approach vs. Standard Error Band

Here's to the good ole trading days and RT was part of
that experience.
I'm taking it a little easier now.  These post are right
on.

Chas
-----

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:26:56 EDT
  delta88343@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I think (know) you're right.
>
> I have been on this list for probably 13+ years and I
>remember the days  when
> members would regularly post their ideas and thoughts
>with charts.
>
> Most of the problem I believe, as we have seen for a
>while, is that
> individual's posts get heavily criticized when they do
>not include a component  of
> analysis that someone else is seeking or if someone does
>not agree with their
> thinking and opinion. If they are asked to explain
>something, it should be  done
> in a professional fashion. Not from an obvious position
>to knock  someone or
> their work or ask them to prove what they are saying.
>
> This is a forum for an exchange of ideas...right or
>wrong, whether one
> agrees or disagrees with their assessment of an issue.
>
> We all have the right of choice to open someone's post
>to  the list or not.
>
> This bantering about posts containing links to an
>individuals site has gone
> way beyond the realm of normalcy.
>
> Quite frankly, I do not know where we are on that issue.
>Most posts  that
> seem argumentative I just delete. I do not care if
>someone includes a link  to a
> site they have, as long as they are not openly selling
>their wares in their
> emails. Let them sell their wares via the accuracy of
>their projections. If
> individuals then choose to visit that site or contact
>that individual  privately
> so be it. This is America...our foundation is build upon
> commerce.
>
> In my opinion, individuals that get arrogant, or their
>posts become  negative
> and start knocking someone else's work or opinion should
>be immediately
> banned for a specific period of time after a private
>warning. If the poor  conduct
> persists then a longer ban should be implemented and
>then  ultimately a
> permanent ban should be warranted if the negative
> behavior does not self correct.
>
> I believe the above is a root cause of lack of
>participation on  the list.
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> So those that use to post more, please continue to do
>so-so the list can  get
> back to where it use to be which was an interesting
>exchange of ideas,
> methodologies (except where proprietary of course) and
>projections...right or
> wrong. That's not the issue...communication is.
>
> Lee
>

> In a message dated 7/21/2008 12:18:45 A.M. Eastern
>Daylight Time,
> jharteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> Hi  Steve:
> I’m sure your  question to I’m has also been in the
>minds of many who have
> been  around long enough to recall what Realtraders was
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)