[RT] Lack of tech analysis

When I joined this group several years ago, it had just under-gone some dramatic changes in that the corporate sponsorship had ended.  Up to that point, the list was managed and run to the benefit of not only the members but for the sponsor.  Once that sponsor ended either his business or sponsorship or both, the number of technical charts and mails dropped and have remained low.  As the membership numbers have remained fairly stable, I can only assume that new traders are more inclined to depend on fundamentals than technicals.  (They are certainly easier to feel one is learning).

After a few months,some members began attacking each other over minor points and the attacks were enough to cause people to just stop posting.  There seemed to be no moderator in sight.  I then offered to take over the moderating job if we could locate any moderator and a gentleman did respond saying he had no time for the list and if there were no objections, he would turn it over to me as I had run and currently did run, some other mail lists.  This was done and I immediately removed the trouble makers from our list.  Since then, over the years, there have been relatively few problems as we have insisted on respect for each other.

Anyway, I think these things explain why we have less technical posts along with the facts that over a decade, some people quit trading for one reason or another including going broke trying it.  Others have aged and probably cut back on their trading activity.  I do not believe there is anything fundamentally wrong with the list but I am always open to new ideas and thoughts.

Hope everyone started off the new week on a positive note

Bob