Re: [RT] Re: Inflation and the markets

I doubt there is a "water problem".  To my knowledge and understanding, nuke plants are not much of a net loss user of water.  They release heated water but that water provides some very good fishing and in Florida it's a haven for manatee populations.  The spent rods are a problem of course but at least the problem can be contained, unlike releasing pollution into the atmosphere.  There is also the new methods of burning coal cleanly but I'm less informed on that process or cost.

A huge solar grid would be fine if you had some means to get the power delivered around the country from a single location.  Our power grids are in horrible condition as they are now.  Solar is not very reliable and I know of no means of storing huge amounts of power of any kind.  It needs to be made as we use it and that just isn't solar.  All the above can be said for wind too.

There are different solutions to different power needs.  Transportation, home/commercial buildings, power generation itself, etc.  I believe I read recently that automobiles do not contribute as much toward global warming as does livestock manure.

I believe that with what is available now, our power plants need to be nuke plants and we build them where they need to be and there is no protest provision or court interruption.  We do it because it has to be done and the "not in my backyard" folks will simply have to go along with what is best for the country and the world.

As to what Ira said about the U.S. being a 3rd world country already, we export technology by the bucket load.  We just import the goods that technology results in.  Of greater concern is our ratings of 29th in the world in education and 37th in health care.  Policies like "no child left behind" sound good but have dumbed down our kids to where they can not compete in the world.

Bob.