RE: [RT] Credit Default Swaps: Evolving Financial Meltdown and Derivative Disaster

To all concerned,

First, I appreciate the efforts of Bob to act as monitor of this list.

Second, I appreciate the efforts of Ben and others to keep the list informed of valuable information.

Third, I accept that the purpose of the list is active trading as opposed to political and business (especially one's own business) activities.

Fourth, I believe, nevertheless, that there is a time and place for posting news concerning political and business matters (other than one's own business activities).

Fifth, I believe it is the role of the monitor to discourage items which principally concern political and business matters, with only tangential relation to market activity, and I believe the monitor should trounce on any attempt to promote one's own business activities except as may be offered in the relatively passive manner of Clyde (i.e., with a link).

Sixth, I believe there are exceptions to all rules.  Certainly, there were exceptions allowed during the aftermath of September 11.  Rigid rules lead to harsh results.

Seventh, although I have been a member since 2000 or thereabouts, I am an infrequent participant, and moreover, my contributions when made pale in comparison to those of Earl and Ben and Clyde and others (with apologies to those others for not naming them). As a consequence, and without, you are free to ignore and discount my comments.

Donc, for whatever it is worth, I will vote for the larger rather than the more restrictive receipt of information.  In doing so, I mean no disrespect to Bob who has a most unenviable task, and my gratitude.

Tony

Anthony W. Pylypuk
Barrister & Solicitor
80 King Street, Box 605
Welland, Ontario
L3B 5R4

Office / Bureau: 905 735 2300
Residence / Maison: 905 734 6165
Telecopier / Télécopieur : 905 735 9230

Office Email / Courriel du bureau : awpylypuk@xxxxxxxxxxx

Residence Email / Courriel de maison : tpylypuk@xxxxxxxxxxx

Notice: This e-mail contains information that may be confidential or solicitor/client privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure or other use of this e-mail or the information contained herein or attached hereto may be unlawful and strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please discard this e-mail without reading, printing, copying or forwarding it to anyone. Thank you for your kind co-operation.