Re: [RT] OIL / Energy

Well, its becoming more political than financial but I can't say I
disagree with any of the reasons cited as why it is imperative that
we elect people who will design and implement an "moon program" to
reach energy independece within a decade.  However, that said, it
must be economically viable.  Productivity = energy costs.  Therefore
any energy alternative must allows us to still compete on world
markets.  If done properly we will develop alternate energy that is
actually cheaper than the cost to produce conventional hydrocarbon
energy and thereby remove the manufacturing compeitive advantage that
China is positioning itself to hold thru its extensive program to
secure long term conventional global energy.  Thus we would not only
neutralize the future chinese advantage but turn it into a stone
around their neck as they are left saddled with uneconomic "old
energy" investments of trillions of dollars.

Energy Independence solves much of our economic, environmental,
security, and technologic problems looming ahead.

Dick Berger